Thread: Best Buys
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #17
vadercelica

My Ride: 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredM View Post
Your looking at a second hand Audi or BMW but want something that won't cost to much to maintain? You should change "Audi and BMW" to "Toyota or Honda" if you want something that is cheap and easy to maintain yet reliable. Audi's and BMW's can be somewhat reliable but not that cheap to maintain (if you properly maintain a car) but it depends on what you see cheap to maintain being...in this case an inspection 2 would roughly be $1000-1500 depending on what needed to be done/replaced. A scheduled oil service would be around the $400-500 mark unless you can do it yourself. If that seems reasonable to you then carry on your search (consider an Audi S3 maybe as well?) however if you aren't willing to spend maybe $2000-3000 a year on maintenance then you should look for something else.
2K maintenance a year is fine, i mean not looking to get anything crazy that will cost too much to maintain like e46 M3 etc

Looking for a general nice stylish (newer car), and above comment just looking for a newer car as my current model is 2001 and want something 2005+ preferably. My car is in great condition, brand new tyres, major service, rotors brakes all done etc (have put alot into it) but just as noted want something fresh, im still fairly young and holding onto a car for 2 years is too long
vadercelica is offline   Reply With Quote