View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:05 AM   #9
edco

My Ride: 2004 325cic 2011 X5
Now if you could offer to RENT snows for the winter, that would be VERY interesting. I have two sets of wheels/tires. Not exactly snows, but 17s forthe winter and 18s M3 (4 fronts since my car is not set up for staggered). I'm 58 years old and I did mine 2 Sunday's ago at 8 in the morning before the day's worth of football began.
I have a hydraulic jack and a compressor/air tools, and the room to store them. But having another set of wheel and tires (and that's just for ONE of the 3 cars in our household) is a PAIN.

If you could pick up a couple of sets of not too shabby wheels, mount them with decent snows, and rent them for the season, I think you could recover your cost (depending on snow fall of course) in 2 seasons. Maybe sets of 17s, sets of 18's and a set of 19's (though that is pushing it), you'll probably have most of the market covered.

As someone else pointed out, E46Fanatics may not be the best place to market your service, BUT I do think its good marketing. I also think especially since we are both in NJ, that you need to get in with a couple of dealers. I can probably introduce you to some folks at Open Road in Edison and Park Ave in Rochelle Park. I'll bet other people have contacts in other dealerships, and they'll likely want a small cut (maybe 10%). Then go after the independents like the ones that are sponsors on here, and finally do a little marketing research. I found that BMW of Manhattan (again a good target market for people who live in apartments and don't have storage space) offers a similiar service for $750. Here's a link http://www.bmwnyc.com/Winter_Tire_Storage

Good luck,
ed

Last edited by edco; 11-27-2012 at 02:17 AM.
edco is offline   Reply With Quote