View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #37
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
I used to add 5lbs each few weeks to squats/dead/bench/press, now no longer. Even though I do isolation with different exercises but nothing has improved lately looks or weights wise. To me, that's a platue. No?

Try altering your diet (..i.e. more calories), adding some metcon to your weekly regimen, taking a week off, etc. etc. There are many ways to address a plateau. The moment that I hit a plateau I begin to strategize. Here's an example. I generally do weighted pull-ups/chin-ups with 50 lbs. strapped to a weight belt, but right now I can't break 8 reps per set (..I generally perform the weighted pull-ups/chin-ups at the end of my workouts). This has occurred two weeks in a row, so I'm going to take a new approach. I'm going to dial down the weight and do a few sets of 12 with a 35 lb. plate, one or two sets of 4 with 60 lbs., and a body weight max rep set. I'll do it for a few weeks and then go back to my 50 lb. sets to determine the effectiveness of my strategy, and evaluate whether or not I can muster more than 8 reps per set. If I see an improvement, I will have overcome that particular plateau. It may work........or it may not, but I figure it can't hurt; I use this same approach with everything else and I continue to see steady improvement. If it doesn't, I'll try something else. I will say this, weighted pulls/chins helped overcome my body weight pulls/chins plateau by a significant margin.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 11-27-2012 at 04:38 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote