View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #110
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Took last night and this morning to re-evaluate my goals, reflected over the past 2.5 years of my training habits and I realized I'm doing exactly what caused me to stall in the past.

Glight made an interesting comment, how it sounded like I was "fat" in the past. I've never been fat, but I did get chubby when bulking and I think that mentally handicapped me bulking wise, despite the knowledge I have. I wasn't consistent with my workouts during that time, and I was eating the worst kinds of foods... that's more to blame than the excess calories.

As much as I wanted to cut down to a 6 pack (never had one) I realize I will probably still look slightly skinny fat.

Anyways, when people much more experienced than you at something give you advice (bulk don't cut)... you should take it. That's exactly what I'm going to do, and not worry about the scale or the mirror while I do it. There will be a time to cut down, and its definitely not now

I'll be adding conditioning into my program on the weekends, I'll try and copy some of the things guys on here are doing and see how I fare.

Thanks again for the help
Good job. I was the same way man. I cut last summer and got skinny. Everyone made comments about how thin I got and it bothered me. I then said fuuck that and started lifting heavy and eating a lot more. Now people tell me I look pretty good, fit, more full etc. I think with conditioning thrown in and clean high cal foods you'll be fine. I made the mistake of bulking with a lot of breads and pastas in the past.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote