View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #22
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Probably Meyle. And correct the part # will be the same.

CoolXpert, AFAIK, is the OEM for our Genuine tanks.
So today resulted in all bad results. I put in my new expansion tank, and 2 things happened:

The bleeder valve that I siliconed back together with high temp durable silicone bent a little bit too much when putting the new ET in when it hit something, and water began to spill out all over the place. Now I definitely need to order that.

The lower hose that connects to the bottom of the ET appeared as if it was leaking water out of the part of the hose just after its main connecting clamp to the ET. So now I'm back at square one, where I guess I don't even know what the problem is, because I broke my bleeder valve after I got towed back to home, not while the original coolant leak happened. If it wasn't the ET, which to my eye had no holes or cracks or anything that would lead to coolant pouring out at the same rate I poured it in, and my bleeder valve was perfectly fine until I tried to remove the ET after the overheat, then I have no idea what the problem is. The lower hose looked okay, but I couldn't tell if it was leaking water, or if the water leaking from the bleeder valve was simply trickling along the hose and condensing at a point and then beginning to fall. I don't know I'm out of answers.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote