View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #46
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg2247 View Post
Yup. What an epic road!
..Not to mention the E39 M5 is so beautifully balanced for the corners, too, despite being nearly 3900lbs (its not over 600 compared to an E46 coupe FYI). The low end TQ makes it a insanely fun car to dance in the corners - lift-off over steer or throttle over steer as you wish.
Yep what a great road to enjoy your first drives in that beauty of a M5 on.

*(Um don't want to clutter up your thread so i can remove or link to a new thread if you'd like). but i did a bit of research prior on the M5 as i may end up buying one. according to the Official BMW 2003 M Brochure i bought for reference with full specs. the M5 (unladen) weighs 4024 lbs and the M3 3415 lbs (unladen). granted options and other goodies may change the weight some but it's still close enough to the 609 lbs. difference.
here even this post says track M5s are weighing in at ~4000 lbs. http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...ml#post1978750
not that it's any big deal, but your (fyi) post is contrary to all info i've seen so one of us is off. if it's me i like to get it corrected whenever possible. i'm a nerd on stuff like this lol
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote