View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #28
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
Yes I recommend using Prestone, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Its a good coolant and does its job very well. Who do you think makes BMW labeled coolant?

Again, you obviously know nothing about cars and whats what, Im not even going to argue the tap water statement . Tap water is no just fine its absolutely great, go ask anyone whos ever worked on cars and has some experience .Not someone who spends all his life on an internet forum listening to self proclaimed mechanics. Sure you can use distilled water, but tap water is just as good and in some cases even better depending on where you live.

Let me tell you this, you keep learning by the book and Ill keep living the real life. When you finish reading all your books and get off to the real world, you'll find out how different it is.
I don't know of anyone who will agree with this post. I'm afraid you're all alone on this one. You want to use "distilled" or "ionized" water as it's 100% H20, and does not contain any minerals, additives, or impurities that will adversely affect the cooling system and engine cooling passages.