View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #12
GeoffS

My Ride: '08 X3 6MT/135i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46alfonso View Post
Good work geoffs, you made us proud.
Bought 'er off of here with 196k miles. Previous owner did the sunroof, oil filter housing gasket, replacement rear springs, wheel bearings (2) and brakes.

I did Bilstein HDs, a strut tower bar, H&R RSB, fixed a transfer case leak, CCV with hoses, rebuilt Vanos (installed by Dr. Vanos himself in Round Rock, TX) with new VCG and new valve cover, rear subframe bushing, M3 wheels repaired/redone in gunmetal, new headlight covers/bulbs with LEDs all around (with resistors), and 2 window regulators. And a Dynavin. And some professional leather restoration. And a UUC short throw. And Clutch Delay Valve Delete. And transfer case/diff oil all replaced with appropriate RedLine Fluids.

I can't say the car's been fine without maintenance or without upgrades, but I'm down to just replacing the front axles (next month) and she should be good to go for a long time to come. Take care of the car, and it'll last a good long while. I've got a local indy who does great work for reasonable prices who's stated after looking at the top end of the motor and driving it around, that it performs and mechanically is on-par with a car with 80k on it!