View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #12
RJDaly28

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLGT View Post
Nice set up, Brother! I bet it sounds awesome! I wish we had a shop around here that could have done the double din install for me. Oh well...the single din is sufficient. Question....If I swap amps would I need a 4 channel since the Sub I'm looking at is already powered by its own Amp? I'm going to see the installer in the next couple of days to see if the adjustments on the line out converter will help things.
Thanks man. I love it. The double DIN really is a pain to install, and there is no going back now, so the single DIN has a lot going for it too. That JVC is pretty sweet with the touch screen and the 5V preouts.

If you stick with the BSW sub then yes, you would want a 4 channel amp to power the fronts and then just hook up the amp that comes with the BSW sub to power that.

Hope the converter adjustments will smooth things out for you.

Just a thought, but you might want to consider the 5 channel amp anyway though, since its not that much more expensive and you really could add a nice sub to that setup for quite a bit less $$ than the BSW one costs that way.

Last edited by RJDaly28; 11-30-2012 at 07:35 AM.
RJDaly28 is offline   Reply With Quote