View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #21
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbenj10 View Post
Iím considering trading in my 2004 M3 w/ SMG and picking up a 2004 330Ci ZHP. Both cars have about the same miles (50K) and are in about the same good condition. My main reason for considering this is to switch from a SMG to a 6MT. I learned to like the SMG and after about a month of having the car was much smoother with it than when I got it. But I still wish I was able to row my own gears at times. Iíve looked at the conversion (way too much money IMO and would void the warranty I bought
The 330 Ci ZHP I found on CL did wow me though. Black Sapphire Metallic over Black Interior. Love the look of the interior trim on the ZHP, and the price is good too. I assume gas will be almost a wash between the two, but maintenance would certainly be a little less on the 330.
if the main reason is for a stick shift, I would wait for an M3 manual.
sure gas is going to be much better in the 330
for a daily driver if you already say you don't use the power now, the 100 Hp less is still enough for daily driving
the 330 will be much quieter!
as long as you're getting a lot more for your M3 than paying for the 330 this could be fine. but if only a few thousand more no way!!