View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
StreetTrixE4six
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 08' 328i E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish317 View Post
This doesn't answer your question, but my advice is to keep the Bimmer. I had two 1968 Camaros (in 1977-78). Unless you just want one for the collector value and don't intend to drive it, the Bimmer, any Bimmer, is a better ride. Camaros of the time were all engine, no brakes, and no handling. Most of them did not have air conditioning, and they are not comfort cars. They are of the pre-galvanizing era, so everything other than the body paint is covered in a layer of rust. You'll twist off any bolt in the undercarriage before you break it loose (and that was in 1978).

They were great cars in their day, and I can understand wanting one for what they represent. I loved mine, but I like to drive my cars, and can't see spending the money on a restored 1968 Camaro. I'd rather put a Corvette engine in my 325.
I had a 69' Camaro and regret ever selling it, but my dad had 5 67' and 68' Camaros when I was a kid and they hold a sentimental value to his remembrance and my childhood with him. To me they are just as fun as a BMW just in a different way. Don't get me wrong, I love my bimmer and will miss owning one after owning 4 so far. My wife misses her X5 so maybe we'll be back in another BMW soon
StreetTrixE4six is offline   Reply With Quote