View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #32
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teraxx View Post
Good to hear people are at least getting something of value from their Meyle parts, but they are made in China. I searched numerous forums and they all seemed to say the same thing: Go OEM or Lemforder (Made in Germany and what I chose for my front control arms, bushings, tie rods and sway bar links). My gosh, what a difference after I put these bad boys on.
You're clueless. The fact that something was manufactured in China does not indicate that it is junk or even low quality. I've done my research on this. Meyle adheres to the same quality control standards as every other big part manufacturer. It doesn't matter where the parts are manufactured. As long as the factory adheres to the ISO standards, the parts coming out are free of defects and problems. What really matters is the design, which I think Meyle has done an excellent job on. The tired argument of, "Go genuine, OE or Lemfoerder" for control arms and bushings is a total waste at this point. You can spend more to get the OE or genuine name and feel better about it, but in the end numerous members here are running Meyle with absolutely no issues.

My iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, numerous iPods and other awesome Apple products are all manufactured in China and I love them.

As I stated previously, it makes no difference where the parts originate. It's all about the design, materials and quality assurance practices. Meyle earns high marks with all of these. Not to mention, not all Meyle parts are made in China. They manufacture parts all over the world. Even Germany itself if I'm not mistaken.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote