Thread: Rear Ended :(
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
seattle86

My Ride: '03 330 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesfactor View Post
True, but the insurance company might only cover $1947. If I take it wherever I'd like, then I might have to end up paying out of pocket for the rest...if it ends up being more than that amount, correct?
Generally, the insurance will cover all costs of the repair within reason using LKQ parts. However, I would ask your insurance company how it all works, as not all insurance company procedures are the same. Also there may be different state regulations to deal with too. If you take a check from the dude's insurance directly, then take your car to a shop and they find more damage, it could be difficult or time consuming to get more money from the insurance company. Personally, I would just take the car to the shop of my choice, tell them this guys insurance is going to take care of it all, call me when it's finished.

I can share my story of getting rear-ended up here in Washington State. One would hope it's the same process as in Texas.

When I was rear-ended in my wife's 4Runner, all I had to do was give the guy's information to my insurance company. They took the info and took care of everything. I never had to deal with the other guy's insurance at all. It was wonderful. They took care of filing the claim with the other insurance. All I had to do was tell the tow truck driver where to take the truck, then told my insurance agent which body shop it was headed to. They even called the body shop to let them know it was on it's way. They sent their adjuster to the body shop and handled all the money and details. I was called a week later to come pick up the truck all shiny new again. USAA and AAA FTW!
seattle86 is offline   Reply With Quote