View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #3026
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootyzGruve View Post
Nice, I'm glad to hear. I think they look pretty killer. What do you do to care for yours? I stopped by the redwing store and the clerk said to use a cream but not to do anything until after a couple weeks of wear so they get broken in. Do you think that's a good idea and do you recommend anything in particular? I've heard nice things about obenhaufs, actually i think dwass recommended it to me a while back.

As a rule I hate sharing PII over the interwebs. Call it paranoia and I would probably agree.
Nice purchase. While you don't HAVE to wait before polishing leather, it makes sense on rugged boots.

To protect them, Obenauf's Heavy Duty Leather Protector and Montana Pitch Blend are the top products in my mind. I think you'll be good either way.

When you do finally want to polish them, I would use a cream paste instead of a wax paste. The wax paste will give them a finish more like a dress shoe, which I assume you don't want. Instead, spread on some paste, let it sit for a few, and then brush the shoe with a horsehair brush. It'll be a healthy, but not shiny, finish.

Lastly, name + occupation is not PII by any legal standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote