View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
thecarguy

My Ride: ZHP Sedan
Lightbulb New Clutch Switch "MOD"?...

So I have searched and read endlessly for my issue...

Car will start sometimes no problem first try, other times I have to stomp the clutch to the floor and then it will start. I thought maybe my clutch switch was going out, and I was dreading the possibility of the starter. I thought it couldn't be the started though as stomping the clutch to the floor made it so I could always start car.

The previous owner did do the clutch stop mod, and I have since adjusted it so that it is out as far as possible to be able to start the car. Well obviously sometimes a bit too far.

So I thought instead of the disabling mod to be able to start car without pushing clutch in, I thought maybe go a bit less dramatic and simply move the magnetic clutch switch device up a tad further "tricking" it so it is able to "switch" everytime so I can start the car with a normal pressing of the clutch.

Well, this worked! I tested with the clutch switch installed normal and pressed clutch in normal a few times in a row to try to start - would not start. Cheated it up with zip ties and did a number of starts in a row with just pressing the clutch in nice and soft.

Should this be ok to keep it like this? Any potential issues?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20121201_104804.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	480362  
thecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.