View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #36
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa3077Boogie View Post
I have heard that our sway bar end links even when new can be loud and make popping sounds when turning..
No, they should not pop or clunk when new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
You're clueless. The fact that something was manufactured in China does not indicate that it is junk or even low quality. I've done my research on this. Meyle adheres to the same quality control standards as every other big part manufacturer. It doesn't matter where the parts are manufactured. As long as the factory adheres to the ISO standards, the parts coming out are free of defects and problems. What really matters is the design, which I think Meyle has done an excellent job on. The tired argument of, "Go genuine, OE or Lemfoerder" for control arms and bushings is a total waste at this point. You can spend more to get the OE or genuine name and feel better about it, but in the end numerous members here are running Meyle with absolutely no issues.

They manufacture parts all over the world. Even Germany itself if I'm not mistaken.
I'm pretty sure Meyle is not a manufacturer, they contract with other companies so all of their parts may not be of equivalent quality.

And I absolutely would not put blind faith in all of Meyle's products.

They do sell some quality parts, and they sell some crap parts. The safe bet, if one is ever unsure, is to buy from the brand who made the part originally for BMW.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote