View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #83
NIVO

My Ride: 2004 330Ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to NIVO
I finished the Catch can internals on 8/12/2012.

Basically I reamed out the -10 an fitting on the catch can lid, I made it 5/8" I.D. so it accepted the 5/8" O.D. tube I bought from omnimodels.
That tube I brazed on with an aluminum brazing rod.

Then I got some aluminum flashing from home depot, cut it into 2 circles that would fit in the catch can. I also perforated them. I measured and cut holes in the perforated circles so the 5/8" tube can pass through. Some JB Weld was used to hold the bottom perforated circle in the catch can. Stainless Steel Scouring wool was used as a filter media.

Looking at the diagram I drew up you can see that the can will always be under vacuum, Blow-by from the valve cover will be continuously coming into the catch can through the tube which will also bring in some oil. Oil and solids will be dropped and kept at the bottom while under vacuum the blow-by gasses will be filtered by the stainless steel wool before making its way to either the intake manifold under idle conditions or the turbo intake pipe during boost conditions.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
WARNING: This modification is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm due to the extreme G forces once turbo kicks in. ~ Nivo
The rest of my signature is reserved for pointless modification bits like: Halos | window Tint | carbon fiber roundels | short shifter
NIVO is offline   Reply With Quote