View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #37
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
I'm pretty sure Meyle is not a manufacturer, they contract with other companies so all of their parts may not be of equivalent quality.

And I absolutely would not put blind faith in all of Meyle's products.

They do sell some quality parts, and they sell some crap parts. The safe bet, if one is ever unsure, is to buy from the brand who made the part originally for BMW.
I really don't have an issue with using specific parts from them. Meyle itself is a manufacturer with its own facilities, but they also contract with others. I always exercise due diligence before selecting what manufacturer I trust for a specific part. My car has a genuine oil level sensor, but Meyle control arms, bushings and numerous other parts. So far, so good. I was never advocating that anyone should blindly trust Meyle parts. I take all advice and generally accepted opinion with a grain of salt. The parts carry a warranty and are manufactured under strict quality guidelines according to this statement:

http://www.meyle.com/_download/compa...ificate-en.pdf

What I was originally addressing was the stupidity of the comment claiming Meyle parts are junk because some of them are manufactured in China. That just isn't true.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Last edited by tock172; 12-02-2012 at 02:08 AM.
tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote