View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #720
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
Ive been working on a new ROM for the Dynavin and should be available soon after final bug testing.

I have built newer versions of Android from source Gingerbread and ICS but without touchscreen working it would be hard to further debug and use.

You said SetCPU worked with the stock rom? Were you actually able to change the cpu speed and governors? What does SetCPU show as the cpu speed in the stock rom and what does it show in my rom?

I dont have any control over Google Navigation I just updated it to the latest version and included that in my rom. You might have to downgrade to a different version of Google maps if those others work better for you.

The Pandora thats included in the rom has unlimited skips. You can install a different version if that one doesnt work for you. Pandora also needs to have the date and time set correctly everytime it starts and it only works in the US. So if your clock is not set correctly and you are not already connected to the internet it will not work.

Most of the changes in my rom are in the background like swap memory, the extra speed and performance boost from v6 supercharger built in. Many people had issues just installing apps with the stock rom which they have no problems installing with my rom.

if anybody needs help with the rom send me an email m3evolution@gmail.com

i cant guarantee ill have an answer to the issue but i will always try to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerHolland View Post
I have tested the M3Evolution rom on my D99+ for one week and my personal conclusion is that it doesn't have much noticeable benifits besides that it looks more fancy than the stock rom.

Issues so far found with the M3evolution ROM:

Not able to add contacts account (gmail) to show contacts. (Black screen).
With the stock rom I could add this

No re routing within Google Navigation
Re routing worked in the stock rom

Pandora crashes frequently
Not happening with the stock rom

SetCPU not working (maybe reinstall needed, not tested yet)
Worked with the stockrom

When I saw the list of benifits on http://m3evolution.webs.com/dynavin-android-rom I was very impressed and did the donation of $30 dollar. To be honest I am very dissapointed with it. Especially to know that I paid $30 dollar for only a fancy black theme statusbar.

@M3Evelotion. I understand that your not updating the ROM anymore since your working on the //Avin system. Then in my opinion please share the knowledge how you created this ROM so that other can continue working on it.
Just making profit out of a product that isn't even finished yet is the same as lack in development as Dynavin does if you ask me.

Just my two cents.

All version of my ROM is strictly for personal use and not to be commercially distributed.

Best way to contact me is at: m3evolution@gmail.com
Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote