View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
A4RingedONE8T

My Ride: Turbo ///M Roadster
///M Roadster gets Ball Bearings

Roadster was in need of some maintenance so took the time apart to upgrade as well. After 2 years and 40k miles of the car requiring nothing other than regular oil changes, was time to replace some worn parts. The heat from the turbo being right on top of the plastic valve cover finally took it's toll and cracked it. While it was apart I replaced the valve cover and gasket, changed plugs, and new fluids. Removed the old Precision journal bearing PT74 and replaced it with a GT4094R, .82 a/r T4. The Garrett turbo sit's a little closer to the manifold and only had a 2.5" outlet vs 3" on the 74 so had to redo the hot side charge pipe. Also took the time to redo the upper portion of the downpipe to a little smoother flow and also to give the valve cover and engine cover a little more space. With the new turbo, it's a whole new car. Spool is significantly better as I anticipated and the car pulls harder and longer boost for boost with the old turbo. Car is tuned on the stock DME by Nick G., I was worried about the tune being off but a/f still seems spot on at all instances. One of these days when I get around to it I'll pay Nick a visit and have him touch up the tune. Maybe I'll bring him a built motor in it next time too =D

Until then, here's some pictures during the turbo swap and some pictures I took today after I got it cleaned up

Enjoy!

-Shawn-

Oil change for the bike this weekend too

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.