View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #41
TheJonRoss

My Ride: 2002 325xi, 2005 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermaslanik View Post
My wife surprised me with a onesie that she got screenprinted. It says "got e46?" Look's like I have to upgrade to a sedan now. Anybody attempted to put a car seat in the back of a coupe..? Ha ha.
Congrats Man! Planned or not, it's awesome and you should be stoked. My boy just turned two - pain in the a$s sometimes, but the best thing in the world!

Plus, look at it this way - a kid is cheaper than BMW Dealer maintenance!

Hey, a few guys like relentlessone and sunsetcoast already mentioned some options, but my advice is to get one of the "travel systems" in the link below. Also get a spare car seat base. They are really easy on the seats (no sharp corners) and the versatility is worth the cash. Some guys have suggested installing the carseat and never taking it out. Bad idea. Infants/Newborns are particularly tricky to maneuver (they have bobble heads and such) so a system where the carrier is modular between the car seat bases and stroller (it just snaps in) is the best idea. The linked model below is one of the most popular, probably already on your wife's shower list.

(another plus: the latches that clip into the harness points in the rear seats are by far the best with the Chicco brand).

As with anything involving kids in cars - if you have any questions about what you're doing, ask a pro. Local fire departments, hospitals and even medical clinics have workshops on propper car seat installation. Some people blow this off, but if you're not sure about something - don't take the chance.

I wish you all the best sir.

http://www.chiccousa.com/gear/travel...30-gemini.aspx

BMWCCA# 473325

Join the Experience
TheJonRoss is offline   Reply With Quote