View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
TonyJ

My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bratliff View Post
If it's too much right now, start buying parts and wait until you have them all then do it all at once.
I actually suggest the opposite. For most inexperienced person (we all start from zero), the first time is always the hardest. I remember it took me a good 2-3 hours just to take out the fan! One reason is I don't know what's the proper way to place the pulley holder (and I found out there was only one way) or which side. The other reason is the first time job everything is so tight, and makes you wonder whether you need to use even more force or you're working the wrong way. But after that, the same job becomes so easy. Now I don't even need the pulley holder and only need 2 minutes to take out the fan.

Do not fear repeated work. Repeated work on the fan/belt area is very easy. Try only tackle the problem, one at a time, to make sure the problem is fixed then move on to others. And if thing goes wrong, you just narrow it down to what you've changed. This will build up confident pretty fast.
TonyJ is offline   Reply With Quote