sammk

My Ride: Bone-stock E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxander.foster View Post
Guy ran at me with a gun
Dang..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxander.foster View Post
One big update has to do with the shift lever interaction. Something I noticed right away was the car didn't let me slide the shift lever into gear quite as easily as it use to. At first I thought I didn't top off the transmission fluid enough. Then I thought it was a cold weather condition. But after going under the car several times to verify things I realized that its related to the new clutch assembly and the gear chatter. The gear chatter is interfering with the synchromeshes. Now, before anyone gets upset by this, I have to say that I'm not exactly the best when it comes to rev matching. I've become quite lazy. So I'd be willing to bet if you're practicing good shifting technique and doing proper rev matching then this will resolve itself easily. However, if you're like me and you're lazy with rev matching then I wouldn't describe it as a major issue, just something that will take some getting use to. Effectively, you're going to have to start feeling out when the syncros match up instead of just presuming they already match up. If you don't I can imagine the synchros being wore out prematurely.
Have you done a CDV delete, or are you running the stock valve?

E92 convert. BMW Fanatic.

Last edited by sammk; 12-04-2012 at 08:05 PM.
sammk is offline   Reply With Quote