View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:04 AM   #965
TitanSilverE46

My Ride: 2001 318i & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Hi, I recently bought an E46 330Ci which came with a Dynavin installed by the previous owner. The unit works great, except there is no radio reception whatsoever, and the left side steering wheel controls for volume etc do not work.
With radio reception, I see from the photo in your sig that you have tinted windows. The antenna is in the rear window and often the tinting contains a metal film that reduces the reception dramatically.

From the comments in these posts, it seems quite common that the cable from the steering wheel controls is plugged into the wrong socket. Pull the Dynavin and check this.

I believe the FAKRA cable is needed if the amplifier is in the boot, but if you had a Business CD Radio with the 6-CD changer in the boot, a FAKRA cable is not needed. However some units, 2001 and before, had two cables from the Antenna amp in the 'C' pillar to the head unit. The Dynavin has only one connection so power is not supplied to the antenna amp. Then you need a device to add the 12v to the single lead. See Link Post #412-414 and Link post #474 and finally My Posts #910 and (11

If you had an OEM Nav unit then you will need a FAKRA cable and the above does not apply.

Hope this helps