View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #46
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I agree with you. If a store has a no weapons policy (for employees) I would disregard it, and CCW. If the day came where I needed to draw to save my life (or someone else) then so be it, and I have no problem getting fired for saving a life.

This guy didn't do that. He got out (out of danger) and then ran BACK IN towards it. That is just stupid on many levels.
Yes, running back in to confront them is a retarded move. If you can get out of the situation without drawing a gun, that is preferred, but don't go riding back in like John Wayne to be an unnecessary hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
"Have you ever been fired from a job?"
"Yes"
"What we're the circumstances?"
"Violating the company's weapons policy."
"Ok, well, we'll give you a call about our hiring decision."
Granted, it has been a while since I have interviewed, but I don't recall being asked that question and I don't ask it when interviewing others (which I do routinely). It may not be a slam dunk to get the next job, but hey, you are alive to get one, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
I know what you're saying but I don't think the robbers have any interest in killing ppl. They just want to get in, take the loot, then run out. Only when they meet resistance are they inclined to shoot ppl.

Hence the policy to not show any resistance and get the robbers out of the store asap.
Tough to say what the robbers will and won't do, but I can understand the company policy. They don't want everyone to put them and their customers at risk.
My personal policies are independent of the policies of my employer though.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote