View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #19
annalisa

My Ride: E82 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmen View Post
Out of pure curiosity, which rules should the brake disks apply to in the Netherlands? I am from the Netherlands too and would like to know. Like have been said, if you were unsure about the quality measures, you really should have asked especially if you pay 200+ USD for shipping. Also why didn't you bought in Germany? Probably even cheaper and closer.
Not sure, I think the TUV applies.

The problem is that I never asked before buying, and I assumed they were made enterely in the states (have a look to their site, is full of "US", "never compromise", "superior performace" and so on). THIS IS MY FAULT AND I CLEARLY ADMITTED IT.
Regarding the European kits, i have to say that many other options are available (e.g., the BMW Performance rotors), but to say the truth no kit offers the same specs/price ratio and is available for both front and rear from the same vendor. Brembo BBK (or similar kits) was not an option due to the cost (in excess of 2500 euro). The favourable exchange ratio USD/EUR had a role, too. And, finally, I've experienced always exceptional results with "made in USA" stuff.
As simple as that.
annalisa is offline   Reply With Quote