View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:45 AM   #56
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Tonight I decided to begin my Sport Mod project. Got part way there...now waiting for the JBWeld to harden up so I can complete the sport button mod portion....overall not too hard of a project but we'll see when I go to hook everything up over the weekend...

Here are a few pics of the project I started...

Starting with my Sprint Booster

The part from my Sprint Booster kit before I molested it for the Sport Button mod...

I used a small jewler's flat-blade screw driver to pry the backing off of the Sprint Booster switch enclosure...just take your time when doing this so you don't damage anything...

the switch assembly taken apart to allow access to components to be taken out...

My sport button taken from the panel switch assembly...

Sport Button taken apart...there are fragile components so when taking this switch apart, take your time and do things slowly....

Then I took the led and switch off of the sport button circuit card. These components are small so adequate lighting should be used with the proper tools or you risk damaging this circuit board. Patience and use of the right tools will allow you to take these components off easily

I had to look over my friend John's DIY a few times to make sure I was positioning the two (Green/Red) LEDs properly. Wasn't too hard to do...Like in John's DIY, I marked one of the LEDs with a sharpie.

The sprint booster switch assembly with LEDs and switch removed...

I then wired up the sprint booster switch assy just like William did for John's mod...

Mine looks like this after shrink wrapping

Tomorrow I will check my sport button to make sure all components are set when I get home from work and begin final wiring and put everything together...
Going to try and wire mine up exactly the same way as shown in John's DIY...

When I put everything together after doing this mod I plan to route the internals this way...

My Sport Button mod project as it stands tonight...
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365AutoSports one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 12-07-2012 at 04:48 AM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote