View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #15
ajai

My Ride: 330ci***65104; 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Traction control light coming on on bumpy roads means your suspension is done.
There's no difference between 34 and 35 on the street.
The door jam (just like on every other car in the world) tells you the recommended pressures for your tires.
Anywhere between 32 and 38 should be fine for the typical e46

Just so this is clear: decreasing your pressure does not increase traction on pavement.
However neither does increasing your pressure.
There's an exact pressure for each tire to be under certain conditions for maximum grip.
It all depends on weight of car, temp of road, suspension, tire, tire temp, road conditions and so on.
To simply say that "increasing or decreasing your pressure adds grip" is ignorant. Especially for street driving because you're not loosing grip. And if you are something on your car is inadequate or you drive like an idiot.
My car will grip to worlds end on the street.

Track driving is another story and 0% of people in this thread do it. I guarantee it
Thanks for the detail.
My suspension is on new coilover, I guess maybe I set it too stiff.
the reason why I concern so much about the grip is because hong kong have very bad road condition, bumpy and very oily.
especially in rain, the oil on the street are crazy. And from my knowledge they use different materials for the roads then America or Canada.
when I was in Canada I never got this kind of problem.
also I know it'ssound stupid that I said I feel the different from 34 to 35.
But maybe it's due to I have a little overboosted rack, so I seriously can feel a bit different.

missed the ci, welcome the i
ajai is offline   Reply With Quote