View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #11
fixergal

My Ride: 325ci
I got rear-ended in my 325ci 2002 two days ago and only saw damage on the left rear panel but now the trunk doesn't always latch and therefore the top won't go up/down until I mess with the trunk. The insurance adjuster says this could not happen from the damage I sustained and I have to pay the dealer up front to figure out if it came from the accident. I never had a problem before the accident and I can get 50 people in my building to say I put the top down every day unless it's raining............it has to be from the accident plus there is a little tweak in the piece (popped out on the right side) that holds the light/key lock above the license plate that was never there. Some people have made some very unpleasant remarks insinuating that everybody wants to get everything wrong on their car fixed when it had nothing to do with an accident but the trunk latched fine before and now it's temperamental. I'm taking it in on Monday to have the rest of the damage fixed. My question: Do you think the dealer will back me up and make insurance pay to fix/adjust it, will they just plain be honest or will try to keep their bread and butter insurance co happy? What would you do? Thanks if you have any opinion or experience. I guess one should take time-coded photographs from every angle every morning or something. btw my car was in top notch shape.

Last edited by fixergal; 12-07-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: refine question
fixergal is offline   Reply With Quote