| We wanted to share a comparison between the 17" and 18" ARC-8s in terms of weight and cost.
This e46 M3i is on ARC-8s in 17x10.0" ET25 with 275/40/17 Toyo R888 R-compound tires.
Left: 17x10" ET25 Anthracite ARC-8 - 18.40lbs Right: 17x10" ET25 Anthracite ARC-8 mounted with a 275/40/17 Toyo R888 tire - 46.60lbs
Left: 18x10" ET25 Hyper Silver ARC-8 - 19.90lbs Right: 18x10" ET33 Race Silver EC-7 mounted with a 275/35/18 Toyo R888 tire - 50.50lbs
We are using an 18x10" ET33 EC-7 here instead of an ARC-8 because the EC-7 is the only 18x10" we had on hand mounted with the correct size tire. With our calculations an 18x10" ET25 ARC-8 mounted with a 275/35/18 Toyo R888 should weigh approximately 46.90lbs.
ARC-8|275/40/17 Toyo R888|17x10" ET25|46.60lbs|$2004
ARC-8|275/35/18 Toyo R888|18x10" ET25|46.90lbs|$2376
Weight loss and cost savings of the 17x10" ET25 wheel and tire:
Let us know if you have any questions about this setup!
- 17x10" ET25 ARC-8's are $160 less expensive than 18x10" ET25 ARC-8's.
- 275/40/17 Toyo R888 tires are $212 less expensive than 275/35/18 Toyo R888 tires.
- 17" wheel and tire set up is $372 less expensive than 18" wheel and tire set up.
- 17x10" ET25 ARC-8's are 6lbs lighter than 18x10" ET25 ARC-8's
- Total 17" wheel and tire set up is 1.2lbs lighter
Last edited by David@ApexRaceParts; 12-07-2012 at 07:25 PM.