View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
Yeah but your getting ahead of yourself a bit. I have no first hand experiance with the process myself because I'm not a sot. I do however have plenty of experiance with them.

I believe you need to hold a valid FFL for something like 3 months before you can apply to be a class III dealer or manifatuer. I would actually become a manifactuer myself because IIRC its the same cost only difference is you could build them if you wanted.

The problem is ATF wants you to have a store front for your standard FFL, I dont believe they will allow a home operation. When you start doing class III you can do it out of your home then. Mine does it in a small shed in his back yard.

You will open yourself up to inspections any time of the day or night and your security and bound books better be 100%

The way to make it a valid business is stock a few cans and undercut all your local dealers on transfer fees. Around here they transfer for $75- $200 per transfer.... do $50 or so and you will have all the business.
That's exactly my business model. I've been getting some serious flak over on Arfcom for all this.

I already have a commercial building that's part of another business. Part of the building is un-used, so I'd establish the storefront there. It already has a security system and is insured; I'd increase the coverage obviously.

I seem to remember that there might be a book out there on all this; I need to look into that. Also, manufacturing would be really cool, but I dint have the tools or skillset to even remotely begin and even if I did, anything full-auto I'd want to make would be at the request of an agency anyway. Just seems like a little bit of a headache.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote