View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #24
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Yes, people with enough wealth to bother protecting have always sought out tax havens and taken advantage of tax code. I don't call them loopholes because it's all written in the tax code itself. I don't blame them for doing this. Instead I feel the government should work harder to create a more friendly environment for investment (whether it's commercial or something as simple as someone wanting to start their own venture.) How should they do this? Well I think the best way is to leave people to their own devices, but this is where the arguments begin.
Loopholes, tax code, tax breaks.....it's all the same thing. In that same vein, I don't find anything wrong with lower/middle income people paying zero income taxes....afterall, it's all part of the tax code.

I don't blame the wealthy for doing it either, hell, I help them find ways to lower their tax bill as part of my job, but raising rates isn't going to cause the end of investments nor America.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote