View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #28
MINIz guy

My Ride: bro truck
I think I can DIY a lot of the things, but my problem is time. I only have 2 weeks before I have to go back to STL so I need to have a solid driver in that short amount of time. Hopefully this car doesn't have any leaks that need sorting anytime soon so I can wait it out until May '13 when school is out.

I've never done cooling system work but I've seen the DIY's. I have to do a thermostat replacement on an E39 M5 when I get back to NJ and I will DIY that. I don't mind any control arm/trailing arm bushings as I can do that but subframe bushings I might need an extra set of hands.

It will be a royal pain in the arse if the rear main seal goes out on me. I don't know how to tackle that, but I know I need to remove the transmission to get to it on a M5.

And yes, most of NJ was badly affected by Sandy. I'll probe the seller for more information about the car via emails until I get to see it. I'll ask about hurricane damage, oil consumption, oil change intervals, clunking from the suspension, and overall suspension health.