View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #24
pauljcl

My Ride: 2005 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmernut3 View Post
No, these guys are just guessing and that's the best they could do. ALL BMW's come with the individual coils on the plugs. What idiot would think they (BMW) would put this on an 'option' chart. Your car can't run with out them. :>) just like a starter or alternator or water pump. just plain silly. I'm pretty sure this is an acronym for the telephone control, maybe "communications option package" or something similar. Why would they put "control unit" on a coil? Crazy man. You got to remember too that this package has voice recognition Incorporated into it. You can give commands to call, make memos, enter numbers, etc. I think there's about 8-10 voice commands that this system recognizes. Pretty cool stuff. Some how this is also integrated with the on board nav. system if you have that option as well, which BTW, you don't. It's not on your option list. Find your PIN# & you can pair your phone with this system & every time you get into the car, it will pair & copy your phone book to make calls. My PO had it unplugged at the COP unit to disable it. Once I plugged it back in, I could get it to pair with my Samsung.
This is getting to be very exciting for me. I put my iPhone in 'search' mode and pressed on the R/T button on the steering wheel, and it 'found' the BMW 49489 (my last 5 digits of the VIN). But I did not know the PIN. I tried 0000, then 1234, then the last four digits of the VIN and none worked. Do you know of a simple way to find it out? [It's not in the documentation I had received - did not mention Bluetooth] Do all the same model BMWs have the same PIN?
pauljcl is offline   Reply With Quote