View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:26 AM   #686
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by S85FTW View Post
Lever issues that people speak of? I have owned it for four years and never had any problems with it.
Yeah, the roll pin breaking and lever popping off. I've seen it happen, and have talked to people who have had it happen to them as well. There's a reason why ARMS is losing all of their military contracts. Dick Swan, the owner of ARMS, is suing, or has sued, several companies as a way to recoup lost revenue. Dick Swan is a litigation-happy slimeball anyways, so I will never again own anything from his company.

If you want to read something interesting, read this thread (if you haven't already):
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_219/179975_.html
There's another professional forum where there is extensive talk about all the problems people have with ARMS mounts.

You can obviously do whatever you want, and if you don't do more than just casual range trips, you're probably not going to have too many issues. If you ever decide to take some intensive training (TRICON, EAG, HSP, etc), I would highly recommend that you look into a better mount. Food for thought in the future if you are looking for upgrade options. If you contact those groups, they all have pretty good first-hand trainer information on why ARMS mounts are suboptimal.
SureFire is a good example of why ARMS mounts are junk. Long story short, SF was doing a lot of warranty repair work for SWAT teams and military units due to broken levers. They had so many issues with broken levers, and with ARMS refusing to rectify the problem, that they developed their own proprietary QD lever mount and phased out the ARMS lever versions.

Please don't misunderstand why I'm saying this. I'm not trying to tell you what to do; I'm just trying to offer advice based on my own experience and knowledge. Just offering a different perspective.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 12-10-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote