View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #146
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
wow...I need to talk to your buddy. He gave up his wings just to be a military attache to some US embassy on some third world countries? Was he a cargo pilot or something because I heard that among the aviator world, cargo pilots are considered 2nd class citizen.

anyhow...mad props to your buddy for going to Monterey bay (Presidio). I got married in Carmel so I am very envious. I applied to NPS but didn't get accepted.
The Defense Attaché, FAO, and RAO programs are pretty good gigs, no matter what country you go to. It can also be considered quite prestigious in certain circles and communities. That, and you develop many connections and the experience can help in the civilian world depending on what you want to do (e.g. State Dept). There is nothing to be ashamed of if a pilot gives up his flight status to do it, or for any service member. I've known fellow Marine Officers that have given up their primary occupation to become a FAO. They were intelligent, had language ability, and it had nothing to do with being a "second class citizen" in terms if their primary job occupation. They wanted to do something else and foreign liaison duties is what they were interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_POWER View Post
My buddy has a JPAS account....
And what was his role/job when he acquired one?

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-10-2012 at 05:12 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote