View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #294
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit4077 View Post
ultimate solution: go to a muffler shop and have them weld in two cats into your mid pipe, 100 to 300 cell should do the trick, then install the bungs at the correct angles. never worry about smog, or lack of performance, no CEL and no problems with the boys in blue, unless you have your car reffed, and they see that you've moved your cats, which in CA is mostly illegal, but this works every time. your O2 sensors do their jobs, your car keeps itself in check, no stupid witchcraft simulators, and no fuel mixture problems. can be don for under 400, which is still way better than paying the 2000+ for a new big name exhaust system with cats. as a gift to yourself, before installing your ebay headers, go ahead and take a dremel to the inside to finish them out.
Wow, I can't believe people have been struggling with this for years and nobody ever thought to give this a try. Oh wait, they did... and they still had problems. Unfortunately the issue is more complex than you realize. Perhaps you need to spend a little more time reading old posts.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote