View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #19
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromethWill88 View Post
test drove the FRS over the weekend for sh** and giggles. EXTREMELY impressive. i had to keep the revs up to get power in a straight line but the entire chassis is made for corners. the 6 speed gearbox was heaven to work and throw around in corners. turned traction off and sport mode on, it was fantastic.

the R&D that went into this thing is nothing short of amazing. well-balanced, simple, focused. What did Jezzah say about the 1M? (applies well here)...engine in the front, manual gearbox in the middle and drive going to the rear. Page 1 Chapter 1 of the Petrosexual handbook. hell, he even named it top gear car of the year 2012.

I recommend anyone to go and take it for a spin before the "its a scion" comes across your mind. highly considering it to replace my M if I move to NYC.
I don't think it's even close to the 1M. The motor is uninspiring at best. The handling and chassis seem very well balanced and as if they have great potential, but it's a bit hard to tell with the awful tires the car comes with. Brakes- were not all that great. And the gearshift was better than a BMW but not as good as a Honda.

Cars like the S2000 deserve much higher praise than the FR-S/BR-Z.

I'm excited for what the BR-Z has started though, I think we'll see more competitive cars on the market very soon.

"All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote