View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #19
Grande D
My Ride: E36 M3
Originally Posted by PromethWill88 View Post
test drove the FRS over the weekend for sh** and giggles. EXTREMELY impressive. i had to keep the revs up to get power in a straight line but the entire chassis is made for corners. the 6 speed gearbox was heaven to work and throw around in corners. turned traction off and sport mode on, it was fantastic.

the R&D that went into this thing is nothing short of amazing. well-balanced, simple, focused. What did Jezzah say about the 1M? (applies well here)...engine in the front, manual gearbox in the middle and drive going to the rear. Page 1 Chapter 1 of the Petrosexual handbook. hell, he even named it top gear car of the year 2012.

I recommend anyone to go and take it for a spin before the "its a scion" comes across your mind. highly considering it to replace my M if I move to NYC.
I don't think it's even close to the 1M. The motor is uninspiring at best. The handling and chassis seem very well balanced and as if they have great potential, but it's a bit hard to tell with the awful tires the car comes with. Brakes- were not all that great. And the gearshift was better than a BMW but not as good as a Honda.

Cars like the S2000 deserve much higher praise than the FR-S/BR-Z.

I'm excited for what the BR-Z has started though, I think we'll see more competitive cars on the market very soon.

Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Get out and walk. Meet people.
It will change your life!
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
It's ok, the world needs boring people
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote