View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #27
RockLee

My Ride: 99 328i. ZSP, ZPP,
Send a message via Yahoo to RockLee Send a message via Skype™ to RockLee
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
I don't think it's even close to the 1M. The motor is uninspiring at best. The handling and chassis seem very well balanced and as if they have great potential, but it's a bit hard to tell with the awful tires the car comes with.
Change the tires to the performance tires of your choice. Hell, put on some coilovers and better sway bars and really watch it go.

Brakes- were not all that great. Change the brakes for something better. Pads, Fluid, etc. Infact MANY BBKs are avaliable for this car, and you can even install the STI BBK on the car if you want.

And the gearshift was better than a BMW but not as good as a Honda. Change the shifter for something that you like.

Cars like the S2000 deserve much higher praise than the FR-S/BR-Z.

I'm excited for what the BR-Z has started though, I think we'll see more competitive cars on the market very soon.
But you have to realize that this car is built for people to modify them, the car just came out and the aftermarket comunity is already booming at it. The car is cheap and you can build it the way you want it. Drift, autocross, Drag racing, etc. Its easier to mod, the parts are cheaper, more fuel effeciant, than most of its competitors.

1999 328i Sport Package, Premium Package, 5 speed, Alpine white.
RockLee is offline   Reply With Quote