View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #27
Schlag96
Slightly Modded ///Member

My Ride: 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
Great news everyone, BMW had my hose in stock. Picked it right up 2 days before I'm supposed to drive 80 miles home for Christmas break! I installed the new hose, and JB welded my ET bleeder screw back together and let it sit for 24 hours before installing. This thing is like cement. I installed everything, but everything back together, and added coolant. I bled the system as properly as I know how, by leaving the cap off and letting the fan run at low speed at 91* for about 15 minutes while bubbles came up and out of the system. Car got to running temp, and stayed!!

- Took a while but my heat inside the cabin returned. I do have full heat right now.
- Took the car out for a drive nice and slow to see if my repairs could withstand the pressure, and they do!
- Only thing is though, I'm getting an intermittent low coolant light in the dash. Car ran for 45 minutes and didn't overheat, I inspected my work and everything is bone dry.
- What do you guys think about the coolant light? I'll add some more coolant once she cools down in a few hours and see if that helps.
When the bubbling finished, and you screwed the bleed screw back in, did you pump out the extra coolant from the expansion tank so your coolant was at the correct level? I missed this step the first time and had issues, usually accompanied by the coolant light.
Schlag96 is offline   Reply With Quote