View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #16
Mroadster2vegas

My Ride: 2000 BMW M Roadster
A4RingedONE8T, by the way, when going turbo, how is the mass airflow sensor issue handled? Do you extend the wiring and have it in place in front of the turbo intake, or is there some computer trickery involved?

And is there enough room to run a simple cast manifold, like the ones made by godspeed, which would place the turbo rearward?

Thanks for the info. I love your setup. Our roadsters are even the same color. And I too had dual front splitters like you, but Arizona claimed one of them on my drive from San Diego, CA to the F1 race in Austin, TX. It was the middle of the night and I didn't see a thing, the winding road was just a patchwork of black and grey and all I heard was a loud bang, then a little later the sound of the splitter finally giving up the ghost and passing underneath my car. All that was left was the central support bar hanging onto a little shred of carbon fiber. Whatever it was took out the brake ducting on that side too (passenger side).

Thanks.

Last edited by Mroadster2vegas; 12-11-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Missed something.
Mroadster2vegas is offline   Reply With Quote