View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #56
sea6speed

My Ride: 2011 135i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I don't agree and never will with government money being used for religious purposes. However, if the majority of a nation are a certain type of people, and they want christmas to be celebrated (btw, christmas is a federal holiday) they should be allowed to put a harmless scene of a bunch of people in dress and some tinsel. It hurts no one unless you are looking for something to pick at. I will never agree. Calling a christmas tree a christmas tree and having a nativity scene of a town building laws is completely harmless.....unless you WANT it to be offensive and need something to attack. Like I said, I'm not christian, but like the friendlyness, decoration, the story, the holiday spirit, etc etc etc. I think those atheists are fascists. "I DON'T LIKE IT" means "YOU CANT HAVE IT."
I have no problem putting it up for a vote and going with what the majority favors. That isn't what's going on here.

You didn't address the issue of setting aside public space for religious displays. Are you for or against using public resources (space on lawns, roofs, lobbys, etc...) for religious displays? And if so, which religions are valid for consideration? Which groups are not allowed to use this space?

And for the record, I got a 10' tall tree and decked my house out with lights, so I'm not banging some anti-christmas drum. Private residence though.