View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #72
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
No way did the unions unwillingness to budge on the average salary with benefits of 130k/year for line workers, 7 weeks paid vacation and full pay for retirees while sales declined to foreign automakers have anything to do with it. No way.

Unions who demand a grotesque amount of money over the fair market value for a position only leave two options - pass the cost to the consumer, which hurts sales. Or create an inferior product with limited options of production because a company's hands are tied paying over priced labor. Which hurt sales.

The union mindset of greed and hatred toward the very company which feeds it killed the union. UAW would rather have GM go under and lose 100% of a job forever instead of making salary concessions.
Let me ask you a question.
You get a home loan at 4.5% fixed over 30 years. 10 years into the loan, the bank comes to you and says "Hey, we really shouldn't have made that loan and we are not profitable anymore because making these type of loans. We want you to re-fi your house back to us at 8.75% so we can make a profit. How about it?"

What are you gonna tell the bank?

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote