View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #43
pauljcl

My Ride: 2005 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmernut3 View Post
Paul...just send private message above.
1st you need to know your PIN# for the car. Should be on a card in you owners manual unless that was given to you. If that be the case, you'll need to locate the COP unit in the trunk & it should be on it (4 digit#). The COP is located on drivers side behind the carpet cover, mounted on the back of the back seat. Let me know when you get your pin & we'll go from there. Do you have the phone/bluetooth manual?
I don't see the PM 'button'. Strange.
I got the carpet away and peeled it to where could easily see the COP unit. No label on my side, and I don't fit into the trunk to try to undo (bolts? nuts?) the four corners of the COP unit to see whether there is anything behind. As you know, the unit is pretty flush with whatever metal bars are behind the rear seats, but where there was space I passed my hand and did not feel a label. So maybe the salesman was right when he told me (way back at the end of 2004) that I did not have Bluetooth. Wha tis weird is the that pressing the R/T button on the steering allows the iPhone to 'see' the car. Oh well -- I will speak to the dealer next time I am around there.
Thank you for all your help, patient assistance and coaching. The "Motorola" will have to do (which it doesn't). Thnak Goodness that FL is a State where you can lift the phone to your ear while driving.....
pauljcl is offline   Reply With Quote