View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #67
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Here's my review of Sprint Booster after I had some time to drive my ZHP with this using my Sport Button mod...

Everyone have their preferences when using Sprint Booster. As my friend John stated... he perfers to use his in Race Program almost all of the time whereas I prefer to use mine in Sport Program 3/4 of the time. The only time I prefer to go into Race Program is when merging into highway traffic which I have to do daily when going to/from work. With Sprint Booster I have more confidence that I can merge into the traffic scheme with the same precision that I have when driving my ///M. The "old" ZHP felt good but when compared to my "Sprint Boosted" ZHP, the old one feels so much slower. My "new" ZHP now feels so much more responsive!

I know that Sprint Booster does not increase the horsepower of the car... tune programming such as Shark Injector, changing out your exhaust, headers, and adding a CAI will add some horsepower to your car. The Sprint Booster (feel free to correct me on this) improves the throttle response of the car so that there is less delay when you press on the throttle. What I like about using my Sprint Booster is that there are three settings to choose from:

Stock / Sport Program (my preference) / Race Program (John's preference).

Until I purchased my Sprint Booster, I really had no idea as to how much it would change the way I now look at driving my ZHP... all I can say is that with Sprint Booster, my ZHP is so much more fun to drive! Right now, I'm seriously considering getting Sprint Booster for my ///M! That's how much I love this little device!!!

oh....something to think about....
For those who are not inclined to do the Sport Button mod as John and I did, I still recommend getting Sprint Booster for your car...you will notice the difference immediately!

Instead of paying $299 + shipping I got mine for $153 with shipping included from eBay....another friend of mine went this route as well and got his for $100! So you can find them at a more reasonable price....just keep an eye out in eBay

Doing the sport button mod does require some soldering skills and for some, nerves of steel. The surface mount LEDs can easily be burned if you're not careful and not work as a result...I found this out with one of mine since it does not work (Sport mode LED)... one thing I will do different is get brand new LEDs so that I won't have to "reuse" any when I go back and redo my sport button. I'll most likely redo my mode LEDs in spring when the weather is much warmer.... in the time being, I plan to enjoy using my Sprint Booster
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 12-16-2012 at 12:09 PM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote