View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #44
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigugly View Post
aphhpa: i want to give you some FACTS, not opinions.

I can also give you sources on my FACTS, not opinions...... although i tend to agree with Kaput on his opinion of you, but thats besides the point

FACT: In 1994, before the Federal “assault weapons ban,” you were eleven times more likely to be beaten to death than to be killed by an “assault weapon.”

FACT: Only 1.4% of recovered crime weapons are models covered under the 1994 “assault weapons” ban

FACT: 60% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. 40% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed.

FACT: 90% of all violent crimes in the U.S. do not involve firearms of any type.

FACT: In 1968, the U.K. passed laws that reduced the number of licensed firearm owners, and thus reduced firearm availability. U.K. homicide rates have steadily risen since then. Ironically, firearm use in crimes has DOUBLED in the decade after the U.K. banned handguns.

We do not need to go after the gun- as it is just a tool.
Quit it with the actual facts already. This isn't about facts, it's about emotion. I just heard CNN suggest that police officers be posted at schools to make kids feel safe. It's not about actual safety but the ruse and illusion of safety.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App