View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #230
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Fair enough. Giants fan here since I could comprehand football at a young age. What college teams in particular?
Anybody playing against Notre Dame, BYU, or Nebraska.
It is actually one of the great things about college football. I don't have a particular team. UC Irvine (where I went to college) doesn't have a football team, so I have no football "alma mater", as it where. Mostly I just want to see good games. But, that includes more than just D-1/BCS. The D-2 (or I guess its called FCS now) games are great. I do like watching the Ivy League games. Those are always seem to be good games. And the Army/Navy game, of course. (Go Navy!! All of the members of my family that served, served in the Navy. So its the only game I feel I have a particular school affinity for.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I have to agree about football being more pure at the college level. Better rules and constantly revolving players in and out of positions as players move on and new ones fill their spots. Recruiters and coaches really have their work cut out for them. It's in a sense less predictable although the top contenders tend to have their streaks. More exciting to say the least.
It is one of the things about college football. Teams bubble up and trickle down.
The big blow-out games in college are fun as well. If your are down 48-0 at the half, its time for a different approach. Like, we are bringing 11 guys every snap. Because it doesn't really matter if you lose 70-0 or 124-0 at that point. Not to mention the number of teams now running the triple option (which is basically the old single wing) It is a fun offense to watch. But, you can't really run it in the NFL, everybody, including the d-line is just to fast. But, it is a great offense for college football. Not to mention some of the "up tempo" type teams like Oregon and Nevada.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote