View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
White_Knuckles

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Thanks, I just caught that after talking to the seller today. It's the SULEV flavor which I thought was just bolt-on emissions stuff, not a totally different engine.

Here's that crazy thing, he has proto typed a 325I with a 400CI V-8 and 700R4 trans. He said this has been done with the E36. The guy is marketing this swap with his shop installing the whole thing for $4000 out the door. The crazy part is he fitted the monster with headers retaining the factory radiator, serpentine belt, A/C, power steering and alternator with custom CNC brackets. He has his own design engine/trans mount kit he will not sell separately. They adapted the factory shifter and tach to work. You can't tell or lose any features inside the cabin. He even tweaked the ECU Can-Bus to read the V-8's crank position and O2 sensors and not flag emission codes.

The challenge was getting the hood clearance, making sure plugs and the oil filter were serviceable and shortening the factory drive line. He is sending some "spy photos" to me. This is an M3 killer with no suspension mods performed yet sits level. I'm thinking of finding a high-mile convertible and stuffing that baby in. It would be an A/C Cobra with a BMW badge. Wheeeee!!

Last edited by White_Knuckles; 12-16-2012 at 06:22 PM.
White_Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote