View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #47
bimmernut3

My Ride: '05 330cic, '01 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljcl View Post
Quick question:
The part (COP unit) is located - as you had mentioned - against the rear 'wall', the other side of which is the rear seat. (The 'wall' being the 'front' of the trunk.) I noticed that the part is attached to the metal braces, as it should, and that there are spaces between those braces. If I were to remove the rear seat-backs, would I see the braces and 'holes' leading to the trunk, or is there an additional 'layer'? If I could see through, I could at least take a look at the part from the other side....
Paul, this is possible but I do not know the answer to your question. If memory serves me correctly, there is a piece of rubber insulation behid the seat. And I'm also thinking that there's another unit mounted on that wall, maybe for the roll-over protection. Just guessing here. You know, you should be able to call your local dealer & give him the vin# & he should be able to retrieve the passkey #. I searched for these units on ebay the other day & some had the # & some didn't. Some were ID'd as "FK" instead of "PK"

[IMG][/IMG]
bimmernut3 is offline   Reply With Quote