View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #736
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty vert View Post
I'll be doing my cooling system overhaul soon and will be replacing many parts before they fail.....why?? Because it is called a PM...preventative maintenance! !! I do my own repairs, and would rather have a car that I feel comfortable going on a 9 hour trip from home. Cost of parts is nothing compared to overheating or having the cooling system fail while say 7hours into the drive...and not even considering a warped head.. makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJ View Post
But why none of my japanese cars have failed window regulator? Some of them are 10-15 years old. My current 10 year old Nissan's window movement feels really solid, unlike this E46 which is developing clicking sound and feels much weaker.
Even if a single part in your Corollas, Civics, and Sentras never failed, they're still Corollas, Civics, and Sentras. Do you want to drive those instead? Go right ahead!!

(BTW, some Japanese cars can and do fail... in major ways.) I can write bibles about personal experiences with Japanese car failures. My E46 had to rescue a brand new Inifnity G37 several times.

It can happen to any car but its good to not think in too simple of terms.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote